For decades, most corporate phone systems were powered by on-premise PBX hardware.
Though legacy PBX systems once provided key advantages, those benefits are now outweighed by major drawbacks—most notably cost and severely limited functionality. Traditional PBX hardware is inflexible and lacks the scalability to adapt to the ebb and flow of business. It hinders true mobile device integration and seamless connectivity of remote workers and multiple locations. Plus, onsite hardware requires a significant upfront investment and is expensive to maintain. Simply put, on-premise PBX systems are cost-prohibitive and impede even the most basic forms of modern communication.
An early innovator of cloud communications, SmartSIP saw a new way to revolutionize business phone systems using the power of the cloud. They developed a virtual PBX (also known as cloud or hosted PBX) solution, which has all of the benefits of traditional PBX—voice, fax, voicemail, extensions, conferencing, paging, intercom calling, etc.—without the expense and limitations of hardware-based systems. And with its latest innovation, SmartSIP, virtual PBX now offers critical advantages over legacy systems. Advanced features such as complete mobile integration, Business SMS, and online meetings with HD video and screen sharing allow businesses to compete in the new world of work.
Maximize uptime and safeguard your data.
· On-premise PBX systems offer some measure of security, since they are physically controlled by a specialized IT team or service vendors. However, it is precisely this characteristic that leaves your phone system vulnerable to a security breach or natural disaster. A Hosted PBX eliminates these threats.
· SmartSIP cloud PBX is housed in tier 1 data centers and features multiple layers of redundancy, failover technology, physical and biometric security, encryption, system hardening, and 24/7 monitoring. With SmartSIP, your valuable company data and communications are protected by enterprise-grade security.
· Ensure business continuity during emergencies or disruptions. In the event of a power outage, inclement weather, or a major disaster in your area, your operations can continue without interruption. With the SmartSIP mobile app, employees can call, fax, text, and host conference calls and online meetings using their smartphones or tablets. Even if internet service is unavailable or of low quality, the mobile app can use cellular voice and data networks.
· Maximize uptime and quality of service (QoS) for your phone system with carrier-grade reliability. What does “carrier-grade reliability” really mean? SmartSIP’s operations are co-located in world-class data centers with all of the major US telecom companies, so response times and interconnect services are the same as those provided by the titans of telecommunications.
Lower overall costs and increase ROI.
· Eliminating on-premise PBX hardware reduces initial capex as well as the long-term, hidden costs of maintenance and expansion. With SmartSIP virtual PBX, you don’t have to shoulder the burden of hardware upgrades and upkeep. Your state-of-the art cloud communications system is continually updated to deliver the latest in communications technologies.
· The simplicity of cloud PBX means there are no “sunk costs,” so you’re spared the expense of specialized IT staff or outside vendors. Legacy systems require onsite support for everything from troubleshooting to adding new extensions, and manufacturer-specific training is required to service these devices. With SmartSIP, you can manage the entire system online—no obscure certifications required.
· SmartSIP is simple to use and easy to manage. Each user can modify powerful features such as call handling, voicemail, greetings, and much more without IT assistance—so they (and the IT team) can be more productive.
· Avoid convoluted billing. Choose a single provider for all your business communications, and receive one bill for all users, locations, and features. VoIP landline and mobile minutes, fax, text, voicemail, conferencing, online meetings, the virtual receptionist, and desktop and mobile apps—everything is included in one low, monthly cost.
Simplify phone system administration and end-user management.
· Transitioning an entire phone system to the cloud can be daunting, but SmartSIPs proven methodology—tested and refined by years of R&D and many deployments—minimizes downtime and maximizes user adoption. Skilled implementation advisors will ease the onboarding experience and move your company to the next level in communications.
· There’s no complex hardware to install or maintain, and no technical expertise is required to configure and use your phone system. Any IT employee, or even someone without IT experience, can manage the entire system. All it takes is a few clicks in the simple interface to configure individual extensions and company-wide settings.
· Save time and effort with SmartSIPs powerful interface. Simply create batch templates to perform moves/adds/changes for a group of users or an entire department, so you don’t waste hours on manual, repetitive changes to your phone system.
Connect multiple locations and mobile and remote workers.
· Unite geographically dispersed locations, in-office staff, and remote workers into a single, seamless communications system. Employees in India can text or fax their colleagues in Indiana. The team in the UK can have online meetings with their US counterparts. SmartSIP Office bridges the distance, enabling collaboration among teams situated halfway around the world.
· A hosted PBX allows for complete integration of mobile devices. With the SmartSIP mobile app, smartphones and tablets integrate into and have all the functionality of the business phone system: voice, text, fax, conferencing, online meetings, and access to the corporate directory. Users make and receive calls and texts using their extensions or direct numbers, and they can use company-issued or personal mobile devices, which is ideal for BYOD initiatives.
· Employees can make and receive calls using the main business number or their direct line, regardless of which device they use: a desk phone, a personal or corporate smartphone, their home telephone, or even a hotel phone (with SmartSIP find me follow me feature)
Choose a solution that can flexibly adapt and scale to business needs.
· Get new phone numbers, locations, and extensions up and running the same day. With the free SmartSIP desktop and mobile apps, your phone system doesn’t require hardware like the systems of yesteryear, so you don’t have to wait for equipment to be shipped and installed before you can start working.
· From the admin portal or using the SmartSIP mobile app, you’re able to add permanent or temporary employees, remote workers, and telecommuters to the system immediately and change user settings or remove employees just as quickly. Spend less time on admin tasks and focus on mission-critical ones.
· Accommodating sales staff who are always on the go or people who work at client sites or from home offices is smart business. Unlike traditional PBX systems, SmartSIP Office provides your employees the freedom and the flexibility to work more efficiently, no matter where they are. When people are empowered to work where and how they choose, their productivity increases—and so does your company’s bottom line.